Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Everyone,

I hope you have been enjoying this wonderful time of the year because I sure have. Even though I have been busy it has pretty much been all fun stuff so let me catch you up!

First off, right after finals I headed home to Texas with Tyler. (I'm beginning to think my family likes him more than me). The same weekend we got home we headed down to San Antonio to visit some of my family, but also to see some of the tourist sites since Tyler has never been. We stopped at the Alamo, as well as the Meager Hotel, home to FDR's Rough Riders, and my favorite, the River Walk. We also spent sometime outside of San Antonio with my mom's sister and her family. They live on a ranch and own just over 30 heads of cattle. Us city folk like to pretend we are real country bumpkins anytime we go down. As always we had a blast.
On the way back home we stopped at LBJ's ranch in Johnson City. Johnson's ranch is now a State Park, and you can see the "White House of the South" as well as the rest of the ranch. We also stopped at Enchanted Rock. Also a State Park, it is one of the largest granite deposits in the country. At the park you can climb to the top of the rock, it is a lot longer of a hike than you might think by looking at pictures...it is really steep!
Before I knew it Tyler had left to meet his family in Florida and it was Christmas Eve. Not only that but it was actually SNOWING!! Keep in mind two days earlier it had been 70 degrees. But after 83 years we finally had a white Christmas in Texas!! Even though I usually look forward to a little warm spell at home over the holidays I cannot complain about a snow on Christmas, one of my childhood dreams has finally been fulfilled! Christmas morning was great!! Since all my siblings are older now I did not have to wake up at the crack of dawn. Everyone got some great gifts and spent the rest of the day relaxing.

Soon after I flew to Florida to meet up with Tyler and his family in Naples. I was really excited to go since I had never been to Florida before. After a suitcase debacle at the airport I finally arrived in the land of Palm trees. We spent most days relaxing at the beach or pool, but we also made a trip over to the Everglades. We took an AMAZING air boat ride though the mangroves and Everglades National Park. I also had the chance to go deep sea fishing. Unfortunately, it was really cold and windy so the ocean was really choppy and we did not catch much, but it was still fun to be out on the boat for the day.

Now that I'm back I have just been getting ready to go back to school.

Enjoy the last of your holidays!

Sorry there are no pictures I could not get them to upload. :(

No comments: